Breaking News – Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios Partner with Will Arnett's Electric Avenue and Propagate on Comedy Central's Original Movie "Cursed Friends" Premiering Saturday, October 8th at 8PM ET – The Futon Critic
Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios partner with Will Arnett’s Electric Avenue and Propagate on Comedy Central’s Original Movie “Cursed Friends” premiering Saturday, October 8th at 8PM ET/PT
Nicole Byer, Jessica Lowe, Harvey Guillén, and Andrew Lewis Caldwell lead All-Star Cast in Supernatural Comedy Thriller
Also starring Joey Fatone, James Austin Johnson, Nikki Glaser, Kathy Griffin, Nicole Richie, along with Ken Marino and Rob Riggle
(New York, NY) September 20, 2022 – MTV Entertainment Studios today announced Cursed Friends, a new Comedy Central original movie from Propagate and Will Arnett’s Electric Avenue is set to premiere Saturday, October 8th at 8PM ET/PT. Nicole Byer (Nailed It!, Grand Crew), Jessica Lowe (Minx, The Righteous Gemstones), Harvey Guillén (What We Do in the Shadows, Reacher), and Andrew Lewis Caldwell (Danger Force, The Matrix Resurrections) lead an all-star cast in this nostalgic supernatural comedy, also starring, Joey Fatone, James Austin Johnson, Nikki Glaser, Kathy Griffin, Nicole Richie, along with Ken Marino and Rob Riggle, with an appearance by Will Arnett.
Additional details below:
· Logline: After a drunken reunion, four 30-something childhood friends wake up on Halloween to realize that a predict-your-future game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion Apartment Shack House) that they played in 2002 is starting to come true for them in hilarious and disturbing ways. They must band together to help each other escape the wild fates that have turned their lives upside down — from having 100 kids with the hometown loser, to leading a cult, to marrying NSYNC’s Joey Fatone.
· Written by: Aaron Eisenberg and Will Eisenberg (Into The Dark: Good Boy, Tales of Arcadia: 3Below)
· Directed by: Laura Murphy (Awkwafina is Nora From Queens, Adam Ruins Everything, The Iliza Shlesinger Sketch Show)
· Produced By: Luke Kelly-Clyne
· Starring: Nicole Byer, Jessica Lowe, Harvey Guillén, Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Joey Fatone, James Austin Johnson, Nikki Glaser, Kathy Griffin, Nicole Richie, Ken Marino, and Rob Riggle
· Executive Producers: Peter Principato and Joel Zadak for Artists First, Will Arnett, Marc Forman, and Evan Thompson for Electric Avenue, Ben Silverman, Howard T. Owens, Drew Buckley, and Isabel San Vargas for Propagate, Ari Pearce and Andrew Lutin for MTV Entertainment Studios
· Co-Executive Producer: Zachary Halley
· Supervising Producer: Kristyn Deignan
· Executive in Charge of Production: Harold Berón III
· Production: MTV Entertainment Studios
Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios
Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios is one of the preeminent media entities in the world that connects with global audiences through its nine iconic brands – MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Pop, Logo, Smithsonian, Paramount Network and TV Land – as well as MTV Entertainment Studios which produces acclaimed series and movies and the award-winning, Oscar-nominated MTV Documentary Films.
Founded in 2015 by Ben Silverman and Howard T. Owens, who pioneered the global format business in the late 1990s, Propagate has offices in Los Angeles, New York and Paris. Its recent credits “Rebelde Way” for Netflix, “UNTOLD” for Netflix, the FOX drama “Our Kind of People,” starring Yaya DaCosta and Morris Chestnut, “Animals on the Loose: A You vs. the Wild Interactive Movie,” starring Bear Grylls for Netflix, “Escape the Undertaker,” an interactive movie starring WWE superstars for Netflix, “Notre Dame: Our Lady of Paris” for ABC and “Go-Big Show” on TBS, and the upcoming American adaptation of The Eurovision Song Contest, as well as the unscripted “November 13: Attack on Paris” “Haunted” and “Prank Encounters” for Netflix, and “In Search Of” and “Kings of Pain” for the History Channel. In scripted, “Blood and Treasure” and “Broke” for CBS, “Charmed” for The CW, the recently aired election-themed puppet special on Fox, “Let’s Be Real” and the upcoming “Zorro” television series for NBC. Propagate also created and produced the podcast, “An Oral History of The Office” for Spotify. Propagate’s expanding portfolio of companies includes Electus (“You vs. Wild”, “Running Wild With Bear Grylls,” “Jane the Virgin,” “Fashion Star”), Big Breakfast (“Adam Ruins Everything”, “Hot Date”), Notional (“Chopped” franchise), and talent management firms Artists First, Authentic Talent & Literary Management and Select Management.
Artists First, a talent management and production company focused on actors, writers, directors and producers in film, television, and digital media. Productions include Central Intelligence, Like A Boss, Keanu, black-ish, Mixed-ish, Grown-ish, The Last OG, Hit and Run, and Reno 911!.
Artists First Productions
Current Artists First productions include ABC’s Mixed-ish and Freeform’s Grown-ish, Comedy Central’s Awkwafina is Nora From Queens and Netflix’s Hit & Run. Recent productions include ABC’s Black-ish, TBS’ The Last O.G., ABC’s The Gong Show, Netflix’s Wet Hot American Summer: 10 Years Later and Flaked. Artists First produced New Line/Universal’s Central Intelligence in the feature film world, New Line’s Keanu starring Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, and Paramount’s Like A Boss starring Tiffany Haddish. They released Netflix’s A Futile And Stupid Gesture in 2018, about the beginnings of National Lampoon; the film made its world premiere at Sundance. Additional productions include Comedy Central’s Key and Peele, FX’s Married, Fox’s Running Wilde, Fox’s Do Not Disturb, Comedy Central’s Reno 911!, Spike’s Players, Starz’s Hollywood Residential, and Oxygen’s Campus. Additionally, Artists First also has a partnership with Spyglass, Broken Road, and Propagate in Artists Road, focusing on lower budget comedy feature films.
Electric Avenue is a television, film & digital production company led by Will Arnett. Electric Avenue is behind the Netflix Original Series Murderville, a hybrid murder mystery comedy, and Netflix’s Flaked, co-created by Arnett and Mark Chappell. Other credits include ABC’s The Gong Show, POP TV’s Hot Date, Quibi’s Your Daily Horoscope and Xbox’s Game Chat. Next up for Electric Avenue is Twisted Metal, an action-comedy series starring Anthony Mackie for Peacock based on the popular video game of the same name.