Breaking News – Peacock Announces Season Two of Award-Winning Original Competition Series "Baking It" with Hosts Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler | TheFutonCritic.com – The Futon Critic
PEACOCK ANNOUNCES SEASON TWO OF AWARD-WINNING ORIGINAL COMPETITION SERIES “BAKING IT” WITH HOSTS MAYA RUDOLPH AND AMY POEHLER
The Hit Peacock Original Series from Universal Television Alternative Studio Kicks Off New Season with Celebrity Holiday Special to Air Dec 12 on NBC
· Today, Peacock announced Season 2 of the award-winning, fan-favorite Original baking competition series, BAKING IT.
· Hosted and executive produced by Maya Rudolph (LOOT, Big Mouth) and Amy Poehler (Making It, Lucy and Desi), Season 2 premieres Monday, December 12 only on Peacock!
· From the creators of MAKING IT and following a successful first season, the fun continues on BAKING IT with five all-new episodes dropping weekly beginning Dec 12! A new batch of bakers compete in a series of thrilling and hilarious challenges designed by Amy and Maya themselves to test the bakers more than ever for the chance to win some serious money and the adoration of our beloved BAKING IT judges, the Grandmothers!
· With Amy joining Maya to co-host this season comes more of MAKING IT’s crafty influence, and this year’s challenges will be filled with explosions, implements of destruction, smashing cakes, and more! The second season of BAKING IT marks the first time the Emmy-winners have hosted a series together.
· In addition to Season 2 streaming on Peacock, a very special HOLIDAY episode of BAKING IT will air DEC. 12 at 10pm ET/PT on NBC. In the holiday special, Maya and Amy invite their famous friends to “cele-bake” the holidays in a friendly competition to raise some dough for their favorite charities.
· “This Season’s coziest cooking competition is BAKING IT: SEASON TWO! This season has everything: The Grannies, crafty bakes, goofy songs about butter, cash prizes, BFFs, Family, and did we mention butter? And, to make it even more exciting we’ll be hosting this season together!” said Maya Rudolph & Amy Poehler.
· BAKING IT (S2) is produced by Universal Television Alternative Studio, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Paper Kite Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment. Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Nicolle Yaron, Pip Wells, Kate Arend, and Dave Becky serve as executive producers.
ABOUT THE SERIES
Premiere Date: December 12
Creators: Amy Poehler, Nicolle Yaron
Hosts: Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph
Executive Producers: Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Nicolle Yaron, Pip Wells, Kate Arend and Dave Becky
Produced by: Universal Television Alternative Studio, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Paper Kite Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment
Format: 5 x 60 min (weekly) + 1 Special, Unscripted Competition Series
BAKING IT (S2) SERIES DESCRIPTION
Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler invite a new batch of home baker teams to a second season of their award-winning musical baking competition show. With bigger and batter challenges judged by a panel of grandmothers, one baking team will rise to the occasion and win some serious dough.
NBC HOLIDAY SPECIAL DESCRIPTION
Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler invite their famous friends to cele-bake the holidays in a friendly competition to raise some dough for their favorite charities.